Teeth are not the only thing that makes your smile beautiful, the gums also play an important role. If you think you have a “Gummy-Smile” then Bangalore Dental solutions and Implant center has a perfect solution for your problem. We offer pain free laser dentistry Gum Contouring procedure at our clinic. With advanced laser technology the procedure that we offer is quick, efficient, and virtually painless. We use powerful, yet gentle laser system to remove any excess gum tissue which results in an even, well-balanced, and beautiful smile.
If your gums appear too high or too low on your teeth and make you unhappy with your smile, your dentist may recommed for a gum contouring surgery. Also called gum reshaping or tissue sculpting. This cosmetic dental procedure can even out an uneven gum line and give you a smile you can be proud of.
Indications for Gum Contouring Procedure
- Teeth that appear too short or too square
- Teeth with gum recession
- Uneven gum line
- Excessive gum on display when smiling (so-called ‘gummy smile’)
- Gaps between the teeth that will be closed with cosmetic dentistry
- Teeth with gum disease
What Causes Uneven Gums?
- Gums that cover a large portion of your teeth can make your teeth look small which may be the result of genetics or taking certain prescription drugs or a particular health problem.
- Gums that are too high and make your teeth appear long are often caused by gum recession, a condition in which gum tissue pulls back from a tooth and exposes the tooth’s root.
Gum Contouring Procedure
- The treatment site is numbed using a local anesthetic.
- A diode laser is then applied to the gum area needing treatment.
- The tissue and blood vessels that remain are sealed through laser energy thus reducing the risk of bleeding or infection.
- The patient can leave immediately following the procedure with a new and improved smile.
The benefits of Laser Gum Contouring
Laser gum contouring is a safe method of correcting an uneven gum line and revealing more of each tooth for a bigger and brighter smile
- The procedure is safe and effective.
- Is almost painless
- No recovery time required
- Instant results
- You get a perfect smile.
- Fast Treatment – Laser gum contouring takes only one appointment.
- A shorter recovery time of just a few days to a week.
- Conservative Treatment and eliminates the need for sutures
- Minimal Risk