What is a Hollywood Smile and how to get one?
Hollywood Smile is the process of a total dental overhaul to achieve a perfect celebrity smile. A great smile can do wonders for one’s self-confidence, and when trying to make a great first impression, nothing does it better than a dazzling white smile. People looking for a total dental overhaul are often described as looking for a ‘Hollywood smile.’
Features of a Hollywood smile
- Whiter teeth – Stained or discolored teeth can lower your self-confidence, and in some cases may be due to diet, lifestyle or a sign of poor oral hygiene.
- Straighter teeth – Straight teeth can make an immediate impact on the symmetry of a smile, but there’s much more to it than boosting one’s confidence. Not only does a straighter smile have cosmetic and aesthetic benefits, but it can help to improve the bite and make the teeth easier to clean, resulting in better tooth and gum health.
- Gaps and Missing teeth -If there are gaps in a smile, it can make one extremely self-conscious or embarrassed about smiling. Thankfully, there are multiple options available to correct this.
How to get a professional Hollywood smile
Though porcelain is perhaps the most appealing and long-lasting cosmetic procedure out there. Veneers can essentially give a new set of teeth, covering up various problems such as discolored teeth, chipped tooth, gaps, rotated or crowded teeth, and many others.
Veneers are a thin shell bonded to your natural teeth made of advanced ceramic . as they are very thin, they fit right into the smile and do not add unnatural bulk. Natural-looking porcelain veneers can cover stains that whitening usually can’t treat. And results can last for decades. In fact, studies show that about 95% of veneers are intact even after ten years, and 83% are in place even after 20 years.
Whitening or Laser bleaching
Teeth whitening is the most common dental procedures in the world and is one of the fastest and easiest ways to improve a smile. A concentrated chemical solution, usually a form of peroxide, breaks down staining molecules that are trapped in the teeth.
Extrinsic staining can occur from food sources such as coffee, wine, soda, chocolate, and the daily wear and tear of eating. You can try whitening with over-the-counter kits from the store, but professional kits get better results faster. With both in-office and take-home whitening kits, you can remove stains more conveniently than ever.
Bonding is a common approach to improving the appearance of a smile. Dental bonding is usually completed in a single appointment, making it a convenient treatment option. It’s an affordable way to achieve many cosmetic goals like close gaps in your smile, reshape teeth and repair minor damage caused by a chip. Dental bonding is a popular cosmetic procedure, as it is quick, inexpensive, and comes with little discomfort.
Straight teeth contribute to healthy teeth and gums, help to effectively bite, chew and speak. Properly aligned teeth and jaws may prevent physical health problems. Teeth that work better tend to look better, an attractive smile is a pleasant “side effect” of an orthodontic treatment. Straight teeth collect less plaque, a colorless, sticky film composed of bacteria, food, and saliva.
Clear aligners also known as clear-aligner treatment, are orthodontic devices that are a transparent, plastic form of used to adjust teeth. Treatment with Clear-aligner involves taking a mold of the patient’s teeth, which is used to create a digital tooth scan, later a computerized model suggests stages from the current and desired teeth positions, and aligners are created for every stage. Each aligner is worn for about 20 hours a day for two weeks. These slowly move the teeth into the position agreed between the orthodontist and the patient. The average treatment time is 13.5 months. Despite patent infringement litigation, no manufacturer has obtained an injunction against another manufacturer.
How to maintain and protect a Hollywood Smile? Do’s and Don’ts
- DO use the right toothpaste. It’s important to use a teeth whitening toothpaste that can help provide an extra layer of brightness to your teeth.
- DO visit your dentist regularly. This is important to get professional help in maintaining a healthy, happy, and bright smile.
- DO brush and floss regularly. Oral hygiene is important for a lot of reasons, the more you brush, the more you are defending your new and shiny teeth against decay, cavities, and staining.
- DO be aware of over-the-counter UV kits
- DO steer clear of staining foods after whitening.
- DO NOT bite your nails. It is a common problem for those that get nervous, but it’s important to stop this habit immediately. Nails can crack and damage your beautiful teeth.
- DO NOT drink coffee, tea, or soda. The sugars and dark leafy substances in these drinks can easily stain your teeth and ruin its structural integrity and color.
- DO NOT grind your teeth. This may be a difficult habit to break, but it’s essential that you avoid grinding to ensure the longevity of your veneers or inlays.
- DO NOT expect miracles from toothpaste.
- DO NOT substitute brushing teeth for oil pulling.
Consult an expert cosmetic dentist to discuss your options of having a Hollywood smile
- Tooth discoloration or darkening - January 6, 2023
- Hyperdontia – Symptoms, Causes, and Treatment - December 20, 2022
- 9 Tips to maintain your dental veneers – Do’s and Don’ts - July 27, 2022
The post about family dentists helps forward on choosing the right dentist. Excellenttips are posted from their expert’s guidance. It also helps in finding out dental officethat is professional and suitable for proceeding the dental services. As this post mentions, oral issues or emergencies might occur at any time which need simmediate attention from the dentist with a proper treating process. Very informative post! Highly recommended to know more tips!