Smile Makeover – Procedure, benefits and maintenance
Smile is a person’s potentiality to express emotions with the movement of teeth and lips. Being able to express through a smile is something everyone likes to do, and having a beautiful smile is every person’s wish. But due to various oral problems, one might have to hide it or not be confident.
What can one do in such cases? You can opt for Smile Makeover – a cosmetic treatment that improves the appearance of the smile through dental procedures like dental veneers, composite bonding, teeth whitening and tooth implant. The main aim of Smile Makeover is to develop a stable system where the teeth and other related structures function well and improve facial appearance.
What does Smile Makeover Procedure Involve?
As stated above, the treatment plan consists of cosmetic and functionally restorative procedures, including teeth whitening, composite bonding, veneers, dental crowns, orthodontics (braces), oral maxillofacial surgery and gummy smile reduction.
- Teeth whitening: The cosmetic surgeon whitens the teeth with the help of dental applications or whitening agents, covers the gap between teeth and replaces the cracked or discoloured tooth.
- Alignment: Crooked, misaligned or overlapping teeth can be straightened using orthodontics treatment or Invisalign braces and can be improved with veneers.
- Missing Teeth: The appearance of your smile can be negatively impacted by one or more missing teeth. Missing teeth can be replaced by dental implants, bridges or partial dentures and thereby help you in restoring your smile.
- Gummy smile fix: A gummy smile can be re-contoured to help improve the overall look of the smile.
- Tooth Length: A treatment for shorter teeth may include reshaping the two front central teeth with composite bonding or porcelain veneers. Sometimes you may be referred to a periodontist for crown lengthening.
There no specific limitations to simile makeover treatment. The treatments would further include correcting smile line, tooth proportions, tooth texture, etc as required.
Benefits of smile makeover:
- No more cracks or broken teeth
- Easier to eat and chew food and better speech.
Maintaining Your Results
To achieve the best results, you will need to take special care in selecting your cosmetic dentist and inquiring about your material options. Smile makeover requires regular oral hygiene care and may require maintenance over time.
- Teeth whitening must be repeated in order to maintain brightness
- Porcelain veneers may need replacement in case they chip or break off
- Brushing of teeth regularly –, and also will dull the tooth polish and lustre. Non-abrasive fluoride toothpaste is highly recommended as Highly abrasive toothpaste can scrape the surface of restorations
- Using an antiseptic mouthwash
- Avoid consuming tea, coffee or aerated drinks – this causes staining
- Reduce eating sugary foods to prevent cavities from being formed.
At Dental Solutions, we incorporate a variety of dental technologies to show you the changes that you can expect to see in your smile.
We would be more than happy to provide you with that flawless smile. At our clinic, we have various options available for smile makeover treatment, and we make sure we bring you the best treatment – the treatment that suits you.