How to keep your gums healthy?
Ways to keep your gums healthy
Maintaining healthy gums is key to maintain good oral health and overall health.
Gum disease usually takes place when bacteria accumulate (plaque) or builds up along the gum line. If your gums are bleeding, visit our clinic to have your oral health examined, we help you keep an eye on your gum health and examine whether they are bleeding due to simple irritation or if there is a cause for greater concern.
If you find any of these symptoms:
- Bleeding gums
- Consistently bad taste or bad breath.
- Swollen gums
- Irritated gums
- Teeth seem to appear longer.
Please get in touch with our dental professionals and fix an appointment for diagnosis and further treatment.
What are the Causes of Gum Disease?
- Poor oral hygiene
- Other medications can play a role in gum disease
How to Treat and keep your gums healthy?
Gum disease is preventable, here are some ways which will help you keep your gums healthy:
- Brush and Floss regularly, at least twice a day and make sure you use a soft toothbrush; it needs to have soft bristles and needs to fit in your mouth comfortably.
- A dentist usually recommends flossing at least twice a day. You can floss any time of the day, this will help in improve your oral hygiene.
- Changing your toothbrush every two /three months or sooner if the bristles start to fray.
- If possible, use toothpaste which contains fluoride.
- Avoid sugary and acidic foods, like candies, pastries, etc. If you want healthy gums make sure you eat food that is rich in calcium as it helps in keeping the bones and the teeth’s roots healthy.
- Flossing should be done almost after every meal and make it sure to go all sides of your teeth.
- Use antiseptic mouthwash, it helps to kill bacteria which may not have been able to brush away. You will notice that your gums feel instantly better using the antiseptic mouthwash.
Make sure you use the right and safe product which can be used for your oral health
- Professional cleaning: Visit your dentist, have your teeth cleaned thrice a year .We encourage our patients to visit our clinic regularly so that we can help treat and keep your gums healthy, we do so by removing plaque and tartar which is not possible to be accomplished by brushing or flossing. Additionally, this also can detect early signs or symptoms of any underlying or budding oral disease
- Stop Smoking: It has been noted that smoking is one of the leading causes of gum infection and teeth problems as it makes more difficult for your gums to heal once they have been damaged.
If you have been following all these tips and still experiencing gum problems, visit us by scheduling an appointment, we are very well known and pride ourselves in being the best dental clinics in Bangalore.