How to get rid of yellow teeth professionally?
Getting rid of yellow teeth can drastically change your smile and change your life. Studies show that a white smile can improve confidence and mental health as well as boost career and relationship success.
Yellowing of teeth occurs due to a lot of causes including smoking, as well as consuming liquids or foods that can stain the teeth.
Why should you get rid of yellow teeth?
A set of white teeth boosts your self-confidence and here are a few positive changes that can happen when you have self-confidence
- Make an amazing first impression: smiling makes you appear more attractive, confident, and sincere. When you smile at someone, it activates the part of their brain that processes sensory rewards, so they feel rewarded by your smile and have a positive first impression of you.
- Improve your mood: smiling activates neural messaging that relieves stress and improves happiness. Every time you smile your body releases endorphins and serotonin that automatically lift your mood, even if you’re faking a smile.
- Be contagious: studies show that, when you smile at someone they return the smile because their brain is hard-wired to reciprocate the smile, so you both get a shot of feel-good endorphins. And a smile with beautiful white teeth just enhances this experience
- Enhance attractiveness: a beautiful white smile shows that you’re healthy and take good care of yourself.
- Career success: a bright smile can make you more successful at work, people naturally begin to like you have a favorable impression of you.
How can you get rid of yellow teeth back to white?
One of the most common, and arguably more effective, ways to whiten your teeth is with laser teeth whitening.
Typically, laser teeth whitening involves using a hydrogen peroxide-based gel that is applied to the teeth by your dentist. The dentist then exposes the teeth to laser energy. The laser “excites” the hydrogen peroxide, or speeds up its molecules, which is essentially what removes the stains.
So, what makes laser teeth whitening a more popular option than other whitening methods? Let’s explore
What are the benefits of getting rid of yellow teeth with laser teeth whitening?
Laser teeth whitening, which is often called power whitening, is one of the most common ways to solve the problem of discolored teeth.
One of the major advantages of laser teeth whitening is that it takes very less time to achieve great results, the entire procedure takes about one hour to see noticeable differences in teeth whitening.
- Laser Teeth Whitening is Effective.
- Laser Teeth Whitening is Fast
- Laser Teeth Whitening is Less Damaging
- Laser Teeth Whitening Can Last Longer
Who should not undergo laser teeth whitening to get rid of yellow teeth?
Laser teeth whitening is not recommended for pregnant women, people below the age of sixeen and people who have receding gums, sensitive teeth, or other severe problems with their teeth.
What are the steps involved in laser teeth whitening?
Steps in Haydent laser bleaching –
Step 1 – Cleaning your teeth:
Before proceeding to whitening treatments, you should have a professional dental cleaning. All debris, surface staining, and accumulated tartar should be removed.
Step 2 – Determining your pre-operative tooth shade:
Your dentist will use a shade guide to compare samples with your teeth. A shade guide is an assortment of tooth-shaped porcelain tabs, which have a range of tooth shades. They’ll determine which sample matches best and then record this value in your chart.
Step 3 – Isolation of your tooth:
One type of dam that can be placed involves the use of a gel that’s applied on the gum tissue around your teeth. Cotton rolls can also be used for this. A rubber dam is another option. Check retractors are placed to retract the lips and cheeks.
Step 4 – Application of the bleaching agent:
The dentist will apply the bleaching agent at this point. Professional-grade teeth whiteners are usually a thick paste or gel. It’s generously dabbed or painted onto the surface of each of your teeth being treated.
Step 5 – Laser activation:
A laser is passed on the teeth coated with the bleaching agent. This laser light triggers a reaction within the whitener that in turn increases its effectiveness.
Step 6 – Bleaching agent is given time to work:
A second round of application is done if needed. The whole procedure will be done in about an hour.
Step 7 – Determining post-bleaching shade of the teeth:
Just like before the process was begun, after your bleaching session has been completed your dentist will make another shade evaluation so to see how much whitening has occurred.
Things to avoid after a teeth whitening procedure
- Avoid any dark staining drinks like Tea, Coffee, Red Wine, colored soft or alcoholic drinks and fruit juice.
- Avoid dark staining foods like soy sauce, chocolate, red meat and all fruit except bananas.
- Avoid any foods or drinks that would leave a stain on a white shirt.
- No Smoking for 24 hours, smoking a cigarette within the first 24 Hours will stain your teeth
- Avoid colored toothpaste (red or blue) or Mouthwash for 24 hours.
What can you eat or drink after a teeth whitening procedure?
Food and drinks that may be consumed are as follows:
- Plain chicken
- Fish & chips
- Plain pasta and white sauces
- Milk and
- White wine, once it is clear or white.
Note – Use a straw to Drink liquids that might stain tas it helps maintain your white color. Also, rinse your mouth with water after drinking or eating a staining food will help.
Consult your dentist today to discuss if laser teeth whitening can be your preferred option to get rid of yellow teeth